Partners BHM Consumer Rights Committee
The Consumer Rights Committee is a standing committee of the Partners Behavioral Health Management Board of Directors. The committee’s mission is to oversee the protection of consumer rights as served by Partners providers in the delivery of mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities, and substance abuse services. The committee membership will include Board members as well as advocates, consumers, and family members representing the eight counties Partners BHM serves.
This committee must meet at least four meetings a year. The group will hold its first meeting starting in August through October 2012. The meeting location(s) has not been determined yet but is scheduled to start at 6:00PM with dinner provided. Mileage reimbursement and small stipend will be available to all committee members.
Consumer Rights Committee members must be:
- willing to receive training for their role on the committee;
- willing to sign the Partners Confidentiality agreement;
- willing to attend scheduled meetings;
- willing to make efforts to be informed about issues affecting persons with disabilities;
- willing to be open-minded, tolerant, and open to diversity; and
- on no other Partners consumer committee to allow for more participation from others in each county.
From North Carolina General Statute 122C-64 and North Carolina Administrative Code 10A 27G.0504, Consumer Rights Committees shall undertake all of the following:
- compliance with Article 3 of NC GS 122C;
2. establish process to discuss, review, and monitor concerns, complaints, and alleged violations of the rights of individuals or groups;
3. use of restrictive procedures/plans prior to implementation;
4. failure to provide needed services that are available in the Partners service area;
- participate in all quality improvement measures; and
- assist in producing annual report for NC Division of Mental Health/ Developmental Disabilities/Substance Abuse Section.
To learn more, contact Kim Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org. To download the application, click here.