Partners Behavioral Health Management’s Consumer and Family Advisory Committee (CFAC) will lead the efforts to create a community where:
- People with disabilities are valued and treated with dignity
- Where stigma, accompanying attitudes, discrimination and other barriers are eliminated
The CFAC will seek to ensure that state-operated services and community-based systems remain compliant with rights protections for recipients of supports and services through appropriate referral on any identified matter. The CFAC will seek to develop, maintain and advance meaningful relationships with consumers, family and advocacy organizations.
The CFAC will recognize the dignity and rights of the individual who has a disability as well as that of his or her family. CFAC will support the development of appropriate service capacity for meeting the needs of our catchment area community and the effective use of resources. CFAC will be firmly committed to the right of choice for individuals and the fair, timely and meaningful responses to grievances and complaints.
CFAC in Action
As informed advocates, CFAC members:
- Share the community’s voice and needs at the forefront by working with Partners and its Board of Directors to identify and develop customer-service oriented services and supports
- Develop action plans dealing with issues and concerns with the core functions of Partners and CFAC, as defined by state law
- Participate on committees at the local, state and agency levels that work to better the public behavioral health system
CFAC is a volunteer group of individuals who have received or currently receive services, and family members of these individuals. CFAC represents members and their families by advocating on their behalf in every aspect of planning and delivering services for mental health, intellectual or developmental disabilities, and substance use. CFAC also advises Partners on improving our effectiveness.
If you or a family member has experienced issues with mental health, substance use, or intellectual or developmental disabilities, Partners’ Consumer and Family Advisory Committee (CFAC) is always looking for members. Currently, we need representation for the following communities:
- Burke County – Mental Health
- Burke County – Substance Use Disorder
- Gaston County – Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Lincoln County – Substance Use Disorder
- Surry County – Substance Use Disorder
- Surry County – Mental Health
Members of CFAC are expected to attend and participate in regular meetings and represent mental health, substance use, and intellectual and developmental disabilities in Partners’ eight-county service area. CFAC members must be a consumer or a family member willing to:
- Receive training for their role on the committee;
- Participate in the CFAC’s efforts to link with the State efforts;
- Attend scheduled meetings;
- Make efforts to be informed about issues affecting persons with disabilities; and
- Be open-minded, tolerant, and open to diversity.
CFAC Membership Application
To apply for the committee, complete the application by opening the electronic version and saving it or printing it.
If you have questions about the CFAC and other consumer volunteer opportunities, or you or your group would like to schedule a visit from our CFAC liaison, please contact Shirley Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-884-2646.
Consumer Family Advisory Meeting Information
Consumer Family Advisory Committee meetings are normally held on the second Monday of the month beginning at 6 p.m. Meetings are held at Partners’ Hickory Regional Office, 1985 Tate Boulevard SE, Hickory, NC, with videoconferencing to the Elkin Regional Office. For more details, please contact Shirley Moore at email@example.com or call 704-884-2646.
|January -, 2017||No Meeting Held|
|February 13, 2017||Meeting Minutes|
|March 13, 2017||Meeting Minutes|
|April 10, 2017||Meeting Minutes|
|May 8, 2017||Meeting Minutes|
|June 12, 2017||Meeting Minutes (Draft)|
|July –, 2017||No Meeting Held|
|August 14, 2017||Meeting Minutes|
|September 11, 2017||Meeting Minutes|
|October 9, 2017||Meeting Minutes|
|November 13, 2017||Meeting Minutes|
|December -, 2017||No Meeting Held|
|January 11, 2016||Meeting Minutes|
|February 8, 2016||Meeting Minutes|
|March 14, 2016||Meeting Minutes|
|April 11, 2016||Meeting Minutes|
|May 9, 2016||Meeting Minutes|
|June 13, 2016||Meeting Minutes|
|July –, 2016||No Meeting Held
|August 8, 2016||Meeting Minutes|
|September 12, 2016||Meeting Minutes|
|October 10, 2016||Meeting Minutes|
|November 14, 2016||Meeting Minutes|
|December –, 2016||No Meeting Held|