Partners Health Management’s Consumer and Family Advisory Committee (CFAC) will lead the efforts to create a community where:
- People with disabilities are valued and treated with dignity
- Where stigma, accompanying attitudes, discrimination and other barriers are eliminated
The CFAC will seek to ensure that state-operated services and community-based systems remain compliant with rights protections for recipients of supports and services through appropriate referral on any identified matter. The CFAC will seek to develop, maintain and advance meaningful relationships with consumers, families, and advocacy organizations.
The CFAC will recognize the dignity and rights of the individual who has a disability as well as that of his or her family. CFAC will support the development of appropriate service capacity for meeting the needs of our catchment area community and the effective use of resources. CFAC will be firmly committed to the right of choice for individuals and the fair, timely and meaningful responses to grievances and complaints.
CFAC in Action
As informed advocates, CFAC members:
- Share the community’s voice and needs at the forefront by working with Partners and its Board of Directors to identify and develop customer-service oriented services and supports
- Develop action plans dealing with issues and concerns with the core functions of Partners and CFAC, as defined by state law
- Participate on committees at the local, state, and agency levels to improve the public behavioral health system
CFAC is a volunteer group of individuals who have received or currently receive services, and family members of these individuals. CFAC represents consumers and their families by advocating on their behalf in every aspect of planning and delivering services for mental health, intellectual or developmental disabilities, and substance use. CFAC also advises Partners on improving effectiveness.
If you or a family member has experienced issues with mental health, substance use, or intellectual or developmental disabilities, Partners’ Consumer and Family Advisory Committee (CFAC) is always looking for members. Currently, we need representation for the following communities:
- Mental Health: Cleveland County, Surry County, Yadkin County
- Substance Use: Catawba County, Lincoln County, Surry County
- Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities: Rutherford County, Surry County
Members of CFAC are expected to attend and participate in regular meetings and represent mental health, substance use, and intellectual and developmental disabilities in Partners’ nine-county service area. CFAC members must be a consumer or a family member willing to:
- Receive training for their role on the committee
- Participate in the CFAC’s efforts to link with the State efforts
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Make efforts to be informed about issues affecting persons with disabilities
- Be open-minded, tolerant, and open to diversity
CFAC Membership Application
To apply for the committee, complete the application by opening the electronic version and saving it or printing it.
If you have questions about the CFAC and other consumer volunteer opportunities, or you or your group would like to schedule a visit from our CFAC liaison, please contact Shirley Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-884-2646.
Consumer Family Advisory Meeting Information
Due to restrictions in effect for large group meetings, all Partners Consumer Family Advisory Committee meetings will be held virtually until further notice.
Consumer Family Advisory Committee meetings are held on the second Monday of the month beginning at 6 p.m. You may register to attend by selecting the appropriate date on the Partners Event Calendar.
|January 11, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|February 8, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|March 8, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|April 12, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|May 10, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|June 14, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|July -, 2021||No Meeting Held|
|August 9, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|September 13, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|October 11, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|November 8, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|December -, 2021||No Meeting Held|
|January 13, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|February 13, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|March 9, 2020||No Meeting Held|
|April 13, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|May 11, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|June 8, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|July -, 2020||No Meeting Held|
|August 10, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|September 24, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|October 12, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|November 9, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|December -, 2020||No Meeting Held|