Get Services

You have access to Partners’ HOPE line any time, any day. Call us toll free at 1-888-235-HOPE (4673). All calls are free and confidential. Partners manages services for individuals who are not insured, or are covered by Medicaid or state and local insurance plans. We also fund crisis services for anyone, regardless of their insurance status.

The process for you to start getting help is broken into three steps.
If you think you need help, get started now.

Find out if you are eligible for services

The Department of Social Services in your county can find out if you qualify for Medicaid. If you receive Social Security Insurance, Special Assistance to the Blind, Work First Family Assistance, or Special Assistance for the Aged or Disabled, you are automatically eligible for Medicaid.

If you are not eligible for Medicaid, Partners can check to see if state-funded services are available to you. Call 1-888-235-HOPE (4673) to find out.

Next, choose a behavioral health care provider

When you call Partners, a licensed professional will ask you some questions to determine what issues you are having. Based on your answers and the services you are eligible for, we will find you a list of behavioral health care providers who can help you.

You have the right to choose and change your provider at any time. From the list, you tell us who you want to see. And we will help you schedule your first appointment.

If you ever want to search our entire network of providers, use the Provider Search Tool.

your appointment

At your first appointment, your new health care provider will identify the problems you are having with your behavioral health. You and your provider will determine what care or treatment you want to start. Then, just like an insurance company, Partners will agree to pay your provider for the services you need.

You are now on your way to treatment and recovery. Partners, your service providers, and a number of community organizations are there every step of the way. If you have any questions or concerns, call us anytime you have any questions or needs, call us anytime at 1-888-235-HOPE (4673).

Medical Necessity

Eligibility for services is determined by medical necessity. This means you receive behavioral health care services intended to correct or improve mental health, substance use disorders, or intellectual/ developmental issues identified in an assessment. An assessment is any evaluation by a doctor or licensed clinician. These healthcare services must be:

  • Necessary to treat the specific issues
  • The most appropriate service for the individual’s needs
  • Based on past effectiveness known as evidence-based practices or best practices
  • The least restrictive treatment available
  • The most efficient service available

Learn more about medical necessity by calling 1-888-235-HOPE (4673).

Service Authorizations

The Utilization Management (UM) Department ensures everyone has equal access to appropriate care across the areas we serve. UM authorizes services meeting specific guidelines so the help you get:

  • Supports recovery
  • Reflects enrollee preferences
  • Is efficient and cost effective
  • Occurs in the most appropriate and least restrictive setting
  • Is consistent with medical necessity criteria and
  • Promotes evidence-based practices.

Learn more about UM. To reach the Utilization Management Department, please call 1-877-864-1454. Learn more about service authorizations.

Look at the benefit grids Utilization Management uses to make decisions on services in benefit plans.

Rights to Appeal

Learn about your rights to appeal if your choice of service is denied, reduced, suspended, or terminated. Or call Partners’ Appeals Unit at 704-884-2650. (Please phone for confidentiality)