Let us know of your concerns and complaints. If at any time you are unhappy with Partners or a provider in our network, you can make a complaint to Partners. We call concerns and complaints grievances.
You can place a grievance by:
Each option is confidential and secure. You also have the right not to be contacted by us, and not to have your information shared with others involved in the grievance. However, to serve you better and to effectively resolve the issue, we hope you will let us contact you, if needed.
To learn more about grievances, contact our Access to Care department 1-888-235-HOPE (4673).
Appeals or Requests for Review
You have the right to appeal if you disagree with our decision to deny, reduce, suspend, or terminate a service. An appeal is a request for review. Your provider and care coordinator can help you file a request using the Reconsideration Request Form. Once the request form is submitted, your case will be reviewed and you will be notified in writing of the new decision.
If you are still unhappy with the decision, you can then request a State Fair Hearing from the North Carolina Office of Administrative Hearings. (Please note–you cannot request an appeal for a service no longer offered in the Partners’ Medicaid Benefit Plan.)
To learn more about appeals, download and read our “Know Your Rights–Appealing a Service Decision” document. If you have specific questions about appeals, call 704-884-2650, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Discrimination is Against the Law
Partners Behavioral Health Management complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Partners Behavioral Health Management does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as: Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you believe that Partners Behavioral Health Management has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
- Grievances Coordinator: Peter McGuire
- Mailing Address: Partners Behavioral Health Management, C/o Grievances, 901 South New Hope Road, Gastonia, NC 28054
- Phone Number: 336-527-8095 or 1-877-864-1454, option 3
- Fax Number: 704-884-2696
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need these services, call 1-888-235-4673.
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Peter McGuire is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, or by mail or phone at:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- 200 Independence Avenue, SW
- Room 509F, HHH Building
- Washington, D.C. 20201
- 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.