The NC Innovations Waiver is a 1915(c) Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services (HBCS) waiver that covers services for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities so they can lead more independent lives.
The NC Innovations Waiver, also called the Medicaid 1915(c) Waiver, offers services and supports to help you live independently in your community. It also gives you an important role in planning how you receive and maintain your community-based services.
If you are eligible for the 24-hour supervision and care offered at Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF-IID) but want more independence, Innovations services may be the right choice for you.
To be part of the NC Innovations Waiver, you must:
- Have an IDD diagnosis and be eligible for Medicaid
- Already live in an ICF-IID or meet the requirements to live in one
- Be able to stay safe, healthy, and well in the community while using waiver services
- Use Innovations services listed in your person-centered plan at least once per month
- Want to live more independently using Innovations services
Applying for the NC Innovations Waiver
If you are eligible, we can help you get NC Innovations services
There are only a certain number of NC Innovations Waiver slots. If the slots are full, your name will be added to the Registry of Unmet Needs.
The number of people who receive Innovations services is limited by available funding from the State of North Carolina and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Additional information about the waiver can be found on the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services website.