Discrimination is Against Partners Health Management’s Policy … and the Law
Partners Health Management (Partners) complies with all applicable civil rights laws and does not discriminate against, exclude or treat differently any person based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, creed, religious affiliation, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. Partners does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Partners prohibits discrimination by its employees, staff members and independent contractors, who are forbidden from imposing their own personal beliefs on members, providers, employees or other stakeholders.
Eliminating Communication Barriers
Partners provides services to ensure effective communication with us by people with disabilities and/or whose primary language is not English, including:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, Braille, audio, accessible electronic formats, and other formats as requested)
- Qualified language interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need such services, call toll free our Member and Recipient Services Line at 1-888-235-4673; Relay NC 711 or TTY (English) 1-800-735-2962; (Spanish) 1-888-825-6570.
Remedies and Enforcement
If you believe Partners has failed to provide these services or discriminated in any way, you can alert us and file a grievance/complaint by contacting us with one of the methods below. Partners can best serve you if we know if and how we might have failed you.
- Telephone: 1-888-235-4673
- Mail: Partners Health Management
901 South new Hope Road
Gastonia, NC 28054
You may also contact the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:
State Regulators: You can also file a complaint with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services by calling the Customer Service Center at 1-800-662-7030 or the DMH/DD/SAS Customer Service and Community Rights Team at 984-236-9300/855-262-1946 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal Regulators: File a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights (OCR):
- Electronically through the OCR Complaint Portal, available at hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf
- Mail: S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW, Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
- Phone: 1-800-368-1019 (TTD: 1-800-537-7697)
- Complaint forms are available at gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
For more information and details about Partners’ commitment to equality and non-discrimination, please visit our full Non-Discrimination Policy.