Partners’ Housing Coordinators make sure people have options for clean, safe, and affordable housing. Our goal is to give everyone capable of living independently in the community the opportunity to do so. Coordinators work with community groups, boards, councils, and organizations sharing our goal for housing for people with mental illness, substance use disorders, and intellectual or developmental disabilities.
If you are looking for a safe and affordable place to live, talk to your provider or call one of our Housing Coordinators listed below.
- Teena Willis – 828-323-8084
- Bre Griffin – 704-884-251
Our Housing Department can also arrange education on a variety of topics like the NC Fair Housing Law and How to Be a Good Landlord/Tenant.
Transportation is the most common reason people don’t get the help they need. You have some options if you need a ride to an appointment. The companies listed below offer transportation services in the Partners’ service area.
Your transportation services may be covered by Medicaid. If you are not on Medicaid, you may have to pay a fee. Contact one of the companies listed below to find out about costs. Also, be sure to call at least one week in advance to arrange a ride.
- Carolina Specialty Transport – Serving Gaston, Lincoln, Cleveland Counties – 704-865-5618
- Gaston County Access – Serving Gaston County – 704-866-3206
- Greenway Transportation – Serving Burke, Catawba Counties – 828-464-9444
- Iredell County Area – Iredell County – 704-873-9393
- Transportation Association of Cleveland County – Serving Cleveland County – 704-482-2311
- Transportation Lincoln County – Serving Lincoln County – 704-736-2038
- Yadkin Valley Public Transportation
- Serving Surry County336-786-6155
- Serving Yadkin County – 336-679-2071
Helpful Agencies for all Diagnoses
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities:
- U.S. federal government website for information on disability programs and services nationwide
- Disability Right North Carolina
- The Arc, for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- The Arc of North Carolina
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD)
- Hickory Brain Injury Support Group