On December 28, 2018, NC Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Mandy Cohen approved Rutherford County’s request to realign with Partners Behavioral Health to manage intellectual/developmental disability and behavioral health services funded by federal, state and county dollars.
Starting on July 1, 2019, individuals in Rutherford County who receive Medicaid or state-funded services for intellectual or developmental disabilities, mental health or substance use disorders will be automatically enrolled with Partners.
The Partners team will be working closely with DHHS and Rutherford County families, leaders, stakeholders and providers to ensure that individuals receiving services will experience a smooth transition to Partners.
- For more information on the Rutherford transition, view the official press release
- For answers to frequently asked questions, check out the general FAQs
- Information for members and families about transitioning your services or connecting
with a provider to begin services
- Information for providers about joining the Partners network
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Click on the questions to expand answers
What is happening?
Rutherford County has chosen Partners Health Management as their new Local Management Entity/Managed Care Organization (LME/MCO) to manage Mental Health, Substance Use Disorder, and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities services funded by federal, state, and county dollars.
Partners will replace Vaya Health as Rutherford County’s new LME/MCO on July 1, 2019.
Partners is also the LME/MCO for Burke, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Surry, and Yadkin Counties.
Why is Rutherford County changing its LME/MCO?
Rutherford County wants to ensure the highest quality of service available to meet the needs of county residents. Rutherford County believes Partners can deliver these needs because:
- Partners operates in a manner that is very inclusive, innovative and engaging with local agencies, stakeholders, and community partners
- Partners is committed to its purpose of “Improving Lives and Strengthening Communities” and Partners’ values align well with those of Rutherford County
- Partners’ priorities and projects align well with the county’s responsibilities to citizens with Behavioral Health and Intellectual/Developmental Disability needs
- Partners internal and external culture aligns with the expectations of Rutherford County in meeting the needs of its citizens
Will I be impacted?
Citizens of Rutherford County who have Medicaid or have no health insurance, and who receive Mental Health, Substance Use Disorder or Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities services will be impacted by this change. Partners will manage your services after July 1, 2019.
When will Partners start serving Rutherford County?
Partners will begin managing publicly-funded Mental Health, Substance Use Disorder and Intellectual/Developmental Disability services for Rutherford County on July 1, 2019.
Partners is working closely with Rutherford County families, leaders, stakeholders and providers to make sure that individuals receiving services will experience a smooth transition to Partners.
Will I be able to keep the same service provider?
Yes. Partners will work with providers currently serving Rutherford County to include them in Partners’ Provider Network.
Partners will honor consumer service authorizations, annual plans and other documentation and decisions essential to ensure a smooth transition.
Do I have to do anything?
No. If you are currently receiving Mental Health, Substance Use Disorder or Intellectual/Developmental Disability services through Vaya, you will be automatically enrolled with Partners on July 1, 2019.
What will providers need to do to join the Partners Provider Network?
Providers who are not part of the Partners Provider Network will need to join the Partners Network to continue to serve Rutherford County members.
Providers that are currently part of the Partners Provider Network will need to contact their assigned Account Specialist to assist them with the process to add their Rutherford site.