Individuals in Cabarrus, Union and Stanly counties who currently receive Medicaid or State-funded Services for intellectual or developmental disabilities, mental health or substance use disorders through Cardinal Innovations Healthcare were automatically enrolled with Partners on September 1, 2021.
Individuals in Forsyth and Davie counties who currently receive Medicaid or State-funded Services for intellectual or developmental disabilities, mental health or substance use disorders through Cardinal Innovations Healthcare will be automatically enrolled with Partners beginning November 1, 2021.
Why is this changing?
In fall of 2020, the Boards of County Commissioners for Cabarrus, Union and Stanly counties asked the NC Department of Health and Human Services to “realign,” or join, Partners Health Management. In April 2021, the NCDHHS approved Cabarrus and Union’s requests; Stanly County’s request was approved in May.
In March 2021, Forsyth’s Board of County Commissioners requested to join Partners, and Davie County made a similar request in June. Their requests were approved in August.
Who is Partners Health Management?
Partners is a Local Management Entity/Managed Care Organization (LME/MCO) responsible for ensuring access to services for people who:
- Are receiving Innovations services.
- Are on the I/DD waitlist.
- Have significant behavioral health needs.
The system of care Partners manages is shaped by the choices of our members and their families and is designed to meet the unique needs of each community in our service area.
How does this affect me?
- On September 1, 2021, residents in Cabarrus, Union or Stanly counties who received services from Cardinal Innovations automatically begin receiving services from Partners.
- Beginning November 1, 2021, residents in Forsyth or Davie counties who receive services from Cardinal Innovations will automatically begin receiving services from Partners.
- If you transitioned to a Standard Plan on July 1, 2021, you will not be affected by this change and will continue to receive your services from your selected standard plan.